(Last updated: April 2020)
Below is a list of popular ‘turns out’ style content that it turns out might not be correct after all - at least, if you are willing to accept the counter arguments.
- Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dreams (Matthew Walker) vs “Matthew Walker’s “Why We Sleep” Is Riddled with Scientific and Factual Errors” (Alexy Guzey)
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind (Yuval Noah Harari) vs A Response to Yuval Harari’s ‘Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind’ (C.R. Hallpike)
- The “Ten thousand hours rule” from Outliers (Malcolm Gladwell) vs The Sports Gene (David Epstein)
- The Tipping Point (Malcolm Gladwell) vs Is the Tipping Point Toast? (Clive Thompson)
- What the Health (Netflix) vs What the Health: A Movie with an Agenda (Science-Based Medicine)
- The Game Changers vs The Game Changers Review – A Scientific Analysis (Layne Norton)